My Stampin up favourites 2016






Welcome to the Jems blog hop for December. The theme for this month is a review of 2016.


I decided to pick out a selection of my favourite makes of the year using Stampin’ Up!’s fabulous products. 


So I’ll start off with some home decor pieces. I love that papercraft isn’t just limited to card making.
 I’ve made a few pictures this year for various occasions; the first was a keepsake for my parent’s 40th wedding anniversary. I layered up a mixture of glimmer paper and cardstock using various different dies and a couple of stamp sets, I added some sequins into the frame for a little fun and love the result!


I also made a little keepsake for my friend’s daughter for her first birthday.  It uses a mixture or the following stamp sets – made with love, Date it, Labeller alphabet and something for baby. Again I threw a few sequins in the bottom to add a bit of fun and sparkle!


Next up a selection of bags, boxes and other 3D projects I’ve made this year.

I love the foxy friend suite; it’s one of my favourites from the annual catalogue. Here I used it to make little Hershey kiss favours and a cute cat gift box.



I adore the cookie cutter bundle and loved using it to make these candy cane hangers/gift tags!



And an unusual shaped bag using the gift bag punch board and endless birthday wishes stamp set.


 And finally a sneaky peek of a project I made for a journal club I’m part of, although my projects usually end up being 3D!! The theme this month was jewellery and was picked by my lovely friend Maggie. I made her some butterfly earrings and a lovely little box to keep them in, the box was inspired by Julie Davison. It uses birthday bouquet paper that was in the spring/summer catalogue and I adored it! If you’re quick it is currently on offer at just £4 a pack in the year end deals.



 And finally a selection of my favourite cards I’ve made this year.

Firstly some teacher thank you cards I made for my daughters teachers when she left reception earlier this year. They feature the pretty kitty and Bella & friends stamp sets. I adore both of these stamp sets, they are such cute little images and look lovely coloured with ink and aqua painters or blender pens. I also used the labeller alphabet again to personalise them!


 Next a card I made using the cute elephant from love you lots and some balloons from balloon celebrations. I love how this card turned out! Again the labeller alphabet came in handy to personalise the card.




I made a similar card but using the penguin from snow place here.



And I’ll finish with a few cards made using the birthday blooms stamp set, I wouldn’t have necessarily  bought this set as I’m not an overly floral person  but we were using it at a team training event so I added it to my shopping basket... I love it!! It can be used in many ways, as an outline to watercolour, stamped in the same colour as the cardstock as a subtle decoration or even randomly stamped to create lovely DSP. 

 

I could go on but I think I’ve shared enough haha! So please do carry on hopping to see what everyone else has come up with!


Sam xx 

http://shari-anne-happycrafter.blogspot.com/2016/12/jems-december-blog-hop-my-favourite.htmlhttp://shari-anne-happycrafter.blogspot.com/2016/12/jems-december-blog-hop-my-favourite.html


Comments

  1. I love your picture frames Sam, I am sure they are treasured by the recipients. I am always drawn to 3D items too. Your children's cards are fab!So hard to narrow down your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous selection of projects Sam. I'm with Nic in my live of 3D items I think it takes papercrafting to a whole new level. Thanks for taking part again this month. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great range of projects Sam. I love the heart frame and those large letters with snowflakes and cookie cutter figures are brilliant. k x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous selection of cards and projects, difficult to pick a favourite as they are all super - you have showcased these beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely projects - and such personal gifts too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute projects. I think the elephant and balloons is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a plethora of all gorgeous projects! I too love the frames and they sure do make a wonderfully thoughtful gift. And this reminds me to use my Labeller Alphabet more too, they really lift everything. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning collection of projects Sam... But I particularly adore your 3D frames and the 2 swaps I have....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow -so many lovely projects! I really love the frames that you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely selection of makes! I'm not a floral fan either but I love Birthday blooms too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are gorgeous projects especially the picture frames, they are so pretty, and I have some frames like that and some occasions to make things for so I think I may need to copy a few of these lovely ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Busy lady!! Love all your projects. Lxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts