Nathan cakes!

Todays throwback post is dedicated to the few cakes I've made for Nathan.
I mentioned on Monday I worked with Nathan in his tearooms in Stannington. Nathan and his family are an inspiration. Nathan is partially sighted, has partial hearing, epilepsy and other learning difficulties. However none of this stops him from living his life to the fullest. 
Nathan loves Disney and especially Mickey and Minnie mouse so for his 21st birthday last year I had to make him a Mickey mouse cake!





Heres a close up of Mickey - he was handmade out of sugarpaste so fully edible (If you could bring yourself to eat him!!) Im completely self taught so I was pleased with how he turned out for my first attempt!


Next is Nathans engagement cake, Nathan is engaged to Jessica and proposed to her the day his tearoom opened! Again i couldnt resist going with a Mickey and Minnie theme so went with this edible image on top.
 


Ive done lots of baking this week so I'll update with pictures soon!

Thanks for reading

Sam x

Comments

Popular Posts